Rocker or Toggle?
What do they mean? Rocker? Toggle?
Rocker and Toggle both refer to types of light switches.
- Rocker switches are also known as Decora switches. You can press one side (top or bottom) of the switch to turn on/off the light. Modern houses and buildings tend to have Rocker switches.
- The image is our Urban Rocker Frame.
- Rocker switches will fill the space in the middle.
- Toggle switches are switches that you flip. It projects out of a plate and you flip it in order to turn on/off the light. Relatively older houses tend to have Toggle switches.
- The image is our Urban Toggle Frame.
- Toggle switches will project out of the space in the middle.
What do they mean? 1-Gang? 2-Gang?
They are referring to the number of switches and/or receptacles on a plate.
In other words, if you have one switch or receptacle on a plate, you need a 1-Gang switch cover.
If you have two switches or receptacles side by side on a plate, you need a 2-Gang switch cover.
If you have any questions,
contact us at: email@example.com